|View Mirror Galleries|
1. ALWAYS apply cleaner on a soft, lint free cloth then wipe the mirror.
2. DO use cleaners that are alcohol based, rather than ammonia or other strong chemicals.
3. DO Keep your mirror dry in high humidity areas such as bath or shower areas to extend the life of your mirror.
In bathrooms, installing a quality ventilation fan with a timer will not only extend the life of your mirrors, but it will also prevent moisture from attacking your fixtures, paint, etc. Make sure to dry the mirror thoroughly, especially any exposed edges or seems.
4. Never clean your mirror with abrasives, steel wool, acid or alkali, vinegar;
avoid cleaners that contain ammonia, chlorine bleach, powdered cleansers, dirty or gritty rags. Again cleaners must be applied to a soft clean lint free cloth and then wipe the mirror.
5. Never spray any cleaner directly on the mirrors surface
unless you can guarantee that the cleaner does not run behind the mirror or over a seam where it can get behind the glass and deteriorate the mirror backing. Most glass cleaners will run down the glass and penetrate seams and edges damaging the mirror backing.
Creative Mirror & Shower sells its Perma Gleam Mirror Cleaner that is specially formulated for mirror and also perfect for shower door glass and shower door hardware. Perma Gleam Mirror Cleaner has been proven effective over a 40+ year period with Creative Mirror & Shower customers. The product is alcohol based and sprays on in foam that can be directed away from mirror edges and will not run down the glass like household cleaners.
Perma Gleam Mirror Cleaner can be purchased at our showrooms or shipped directly to your home in case quantity by calling 1-800-showers.